SVGA Monash
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SVGA Monash's brand new forum! Sign up and contribute today!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3DS next thursday...!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ajtn

Ajtn

3DS next thursday...! Empty
PostSubject: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Giving this is a gaming forum I kind of figure the launch of the first new bit of significant hardware in years is worth noting. So who's getting the DS and why? For me it's a pretty simple yes because the DS was such a good console, they've improved the actual specs (derp) and to a lesser extent because of the novelty of 3D (and of course it's kind of hard to play DS games on a original DS which no longer has a functioning top screen.
Back to top Go down
Mayora

Mayora

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 6:34 am

Can't say i'm looking forward to it - i've already got my DS and the 3D gimmick just doesn't sound entirely great (you have to be sitting perfectly still for it to work? Thats kinda... weird).

However, this will all change if that new 3DS exclusive Castlevania rumour ends up being true.
Back to top Go down
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:42 am

The 3D really is the real deal, I played it at the Melbourne EB the other day.

That said, the real draw of the 3DS are games like SSFIV, which you used to be only able to play on home consoles and sometimes PSP.

I won't be getting it any time soon, unless they release a new Fire Emblem exclusive to it or something (which would be at least a year away anyway).

Also, I still need a PSP so I can stop borrowing other people's consoles to play VC games. So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Ajtn

Ajtn

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:39 am

It's a new console it has better specs the two options are franchises will release new games on 3DS or they will not produce games and die...

After black and white I can't really see any major titles coming out on the DS (and I was damn surprised to see them released so close to the 3DS without being on it).

Although the PS2 lived on for a while after the PS3 came out but I assume that is just because the PS3 failed so hard. Unless they reimage portable fire emblem there is absolutely no reason it should be put on the 3DS over the DS so that actually could be interesting.

For me the games I'm looking forward to most are mario kart 3DS and star fox. I am also half heartedly looking forward to seeing the graphics on remakes of metal gear solid and resident evil.
Back to top Go down
asianaussie

asianaussie

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:21 am

paper mario 3ds says hi

so long as it isn't in the vein of super paper mario

shudder
Back to top Go down
DD
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
DD

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 am

Ajtn wrote:

Although the PS2 lived on for a while after the PS3 came out but I assume that is just because the PS3 failed so hard.

Um? Where did you pull the PS3 failing from? It's sales figuers have been good and growing since launch. It's even set to outsell the 360 this year.
Back to top Go down
asianaussie

asianaussie

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:08 am

i think he meant during the period right after launch
Back to top Go down
Ajtn

Ajtn

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:01 am

Thanks AA that's exactly what I meant it's just DD insists on rather weakkkkk attempts at trolling. Also this post makes me realise how use to odd names and acronyms i'm used to. Can't wait till the day I zone out and call one of you guys ADD.
Back to top Go down
Mayora

Mayora

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:28 am

Oh man, I just realized Layton vs. Phoenix Wright was a 3DS exclusive.

This greatly changes my intention of not getting a 3DS this year.
Back to top Go down
asianaussie

asianaussie

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 am

sure sucks how it's not being officially localised

fan translations will probably be really mediocre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS next thursday...!   3DS next thursday...! Empty

Back to top Go down

3DS next thursday...!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SVGA Monash :: Gaming Discussion :: Upcoming Titles-
Jump to: