SVGA Monash
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SVGA Monash's brand new forum! Sign up and contribute today!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smash 64 - online and offline

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
asianaussie

asianaussie

Smash 64 - online and offline Empty
PostSubject: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm basically repping Smash 64's competitive Australian community here. I'm a leader of the Smash 64 Backroom on Smash World Forums, the biggest English-speaking Smash (64, Melee and that piece of junk Wii version) community, and I want YOU to play this old, derelict game.

We have maybe 5 or 6 really good players in melbourne and about 15 all around Australia - no matter what level you are, I'm willing to help you get into the community. There are two decent players at Clayton and one excellent one at Caulfield, and we have plenty getting into the game from Melee (hi alexi).

It's basically a fun fighter, easy to get into (especially since I'm willing to bet most people have played it at some point) and has a very simple learning curve. Most people play online using a client called Kaillera, also used for 3rd strike, Tekken, etc. It has legitimate combos and a very free feel, with huge character diversity. The game has basically been broken down, and everything about it is pretty well known.

This is the place to go if you want to know more. This thread in particular is fairly informative. I maintain it, so I would know.

If you have any questions at all, I'm somebody to talk to, or maybe Tom Pease. Doesn't matter how good you are, Smash 64 is a great game and people should know that bounce
Back to top Go down
Skeletom

Skeletom

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:52 pm

who goes to caulfield? atticus? rom?
Back to top Go down
asianaussie

asianaussie

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:53 pm

rom

he was wandering around clayton the other day, told me he was scared No
Back to top Go down
DD
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
DD

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:55 pm

This thread deserves a sticky Very Happy

Please teach me AA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asianaussie

asianaussie

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 pm

pick a character and make you good with them in theory

im quite serious, im pretty sure one night'll be enough
Back to top Go down
Ajtn

Ajtn

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:26 pm

DD wrote:

Never thought I'd hear you asking to be taught DD and maybe you should get good at one of the games you already play before you start picking up new games Razz
Back to top Go down
DD
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
DD

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Ajtn wrote:
DD wrote:

Never thought I'd hear you asking to be taught DD and maybe you should get good at one of the games you already play before you start picking up new games Razz

Never hear me ask to get taught? Pretty sure I ask you guys for smash tips all the time man confused

Top 3 first melb tourny in MVC3 isn't good? confused

Second best player at monash in SSF4? (To my knowledge) confused

Also played some decent DotA too over the past few years (Our 6+ year old clan only just disbanded about a month ago), so that counts for me being good at a game I play.

I think i'm capcable of picking up smash 64 whenever the hell I want
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
asianaussie

asianaussie

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 pm

you probably could if you chose kirby/falcon

those two take so little effort to learn
Back to top Go down
Ajtn

Ajtn

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:40 pm

the first bit was sarcasm...

And meow for the rest someone is touchy
Back to top Go down
DD
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
DD

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:29 am

Ajtn wrote:
the first bit was sarcasm...

And meow for the rest someone is touchy

...If I told you to get good at the games you played you'd write a thesis and you know it

Anyway back on topic, whats the most reliable tier list for Smash 64 and is it really relivent? Kirby sounds fun to pick up in 64 due to being way better than more recent incarnations right?
Back to top Go down
Ajtn

Ajtn

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:20 am

Pikachu is god tier and Tom says to check out smash boards
Back to top Go down
Skeletom

Skeletom

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:25 am

alexis is too god damn lazy to check it himself.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250563

and i completely agree with you DD. Alexis is just being himself (as per usual)
Back to top Go down
asianaussie

asianaussie

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:11 am

My tier list:

S
Pikachu

A
Fox
Kirby
Falcon
Mario

B
Yoshi
DK
Jigglypuff
Ness

C
Luigi
Link
Samus

Luigi and Link are interchangeable.
Jigglypuff and Ness are interchangeable.
Fox may be in S tier on the SWF list, but I think he's A tier.

In terms of metagame viability, Samus is around Mario's level in Melee - not exactly what you would call viable, but you can win with him if you're good. She is viable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash 64 - online and offline   Smash 64 - online and offline Empty

Back to top Go down

Smash 64 - online and offline
Page 1 of 1